Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Valentine.


Let me tell you a little about my Valentine. We met in January of 2003 and we knew right away we had something special. I knew it was time to end my holiday vacation in Scottsdale and head back home to Utah. I asked him if he would like to come with me, he said yes without giving it a second though. He told me I was too special to let go. We planned to wed in June of that year but we ended up waiting until April 4, 2004. On that morning we woke up and looked out of our window at the Mirage & stared at the Venetian and asked ourselves, do we really want to do this? We had both be burned by divorce in the past & knew the pain we would face if we failed. We decided it was worth it and knew this time would be different. He is my best friend and he makes me laugh & smile everyday. He never misses a chance to tell me how much he loves me. One year he even made me a book, so I had it in writing. My body is littered with jewelry he has bought me over the years. My favorite item is my bracelet, he ran all the way from the Mirage to the Bellagio to buy it for me on our wedding night. I would always hear people say 'I married my best friend' I never understood and thought that was so corny. Then I married Reed & now I am one of those people. Thank you Reed, for making me one of those people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea, crongrats on a great marriage. that was a sweet story!