Sunday, February 15, 2009

Catching up...

I have been so bad about blogger so far this year. So, let me catch you up. Reed and I decided it was finally time to buy a new car. We went out to Avondale Toyota Scion on January 1, 2009 to check out what it would cost us to buy a Scion xD. We ended up leaving the lot with a brand new blue xD. We have been so happy with the car and we are looking forward to driving to California to see Carly, Craig and Elliott at some point in time and Vegas in April. We have been fishing a bunch this year so far and it has been a blast. I have learned that I have an unnatural fear of Catfish. Anytime we go fishing my only goal is to not catch a catfish.
For Valentines day Reed made me a picture book telling me how much he loved me. It was so sweet and I will cherish it forever. It was so nice to see my life and the love he has for me there in print. We fall in love further every day. I hope this year will bring us a child. I can hardly believe it's been 6 years since we met. It will be our 5th anniversary in April. I can't wait. We are going 'back to the scene of the crime' again this year. I have really made a commitment to loose weight this year and it's not going to be easy but it will be worth it. It will not only improve my health but it will help our chances of conceiving. I go to the gym everyday after work. I told Reed the other day I think I am addicted to working out. I love Laveen, it's so diverse. At my gym you can find pretty much every nationality of woman. We have one the comes in wearing her burka and takes it off when she really gets cooking! It's so neat to see other cultures and they way the dress. We have been told we live in the ghetto but I really don't feel that way. The closer you live to the city the more diverse people are. I love that I live in the city of Phoenix and can't imagine going back to East Valley or Utah. I love my neighbors and think we live in a really nice neighborhood. I love our yard and our home. The only thing I would change is my flooring.
The last part of 2008 I became addicted to trying new recipes and cooking/ baking all the time. It's been great. Reed will tell me things like 'This is great. Add this to the yes list' or 'That was nasty. Never make that again'. I had so many lemons this year a lot of them involved lemon. I have found a website that enables my new things addiction. It's www.allrecipes.com. I signed up for their recipe of the day service. That is where a lot of them have come from.
We went out last weekend with Reed's parents to eat and wander around the new shops by their home. They bought us a air purification machine that uses water and can be filled with fragrance. It's incredible when you throw out the water how dirty the water is.
Well I think we are pretty much caught up now. I am going to make breakfast in bed for my wonderful husband now.

No comments: