Reed and I had a great weekend, other than the whole dog thing, stupid dog. On Saturday afternoon we went to watch the Egbert's strut their stuff at the Hawk Trot. This was the first 5K Nan has done since Brooklyn was born. Chris, Nick, Alex and Brooklyn ran the 1 miler. Alex didn't quite understand to follow the cones and accidently skipped part of the race and came in second. The young man that cut the cones in front of her actually went back and ran the rest of the way and still came in first! Alexandra decided she was done and opted to not go back and we went and got her some water. Chris and Brooklyn were the first jogger stroller to come in! Chris after the race told me that was his only goal for the race, to be the first jogger stroller back. Brooklyn handled the bouncing involved quite well. We went down and helped ourself to the free food and all the free goodies the booths had to offer. I found out Brooklyn is pretty hardcore about her nap schedule and whens it is time for a nap, it happens. I don't know how she slept through all that noise. It was impressive.
On Sunday we had the 33rd Annual Phoenix 10K. Reed came in around 45 Minutes which is a new personal best. He beat his old record by 5 minutes! This is Reed's game face. I know becuase I asked him show me your game face and this is the one that came out. I will edit my post to show his exact time when I get it. Garry and Mary Jane then took us out to a nice sunday brunch at IHOP ;). Reed announced after breakfast his legs were to cramped to ride so we all wandered around Target for a while and Mary Jane and I became side tracked in the Christmas section, much to Reed's dismay. We then parted ways and after a shower Reed and I passed out on the couch to catch up with some much needed sleep, stupid dog. Now we are primed and ready for some sunday football.
No comments:
Post a Comment