Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each. Henry David Thoreau
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Tough week...
It's been a hard week for me. This time of the year pretty much sucks. On Tuesday it was the 13 year anniversary of my mother's death. It's never easy but for some reason this year, it has hit me pretty hard. I've been moopy all week. I am lucky that I have a husband that does his best to make me laugh every day. I remember getting the call to let me know she had past on. It odd because it doesn't seem that long ago but at the same time it seems like forever ago. I remember how hard it was to burry her and then turn around just a few days later and celebrate my birthday. It didn't seem right to try to be happy. Sometimes, it still feels that way. I am just not feeling it this year. Normally I drop hints it's getting close, I am a horrible person that way. This year I don't think I would care if people just forgot. I have told Reed I really don't want anything this year. I just want to go to Scottsdale, walk around the art galleries and use our PF Chang's gift card we were given for dog sitting. He already took me shopping to buy some new clothes at Steve and Barry's & Dillards. That was more than I wanted. I am just not feeling like celebrating this year. I kind of feel the same way about Christmas. For the first year ever I have agreed to just do a family gift for us. I told him we can get an X-Box 360. I know I will play it so it's not like it's selfless. I am hoping I can snap out of it. I don't like being a little black rain cloud. I am just not looking forward to the Holiday's or January 18th. It's just a hard time of the year for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey! Man, I have been out of the blog word for a few days- and people go crazy with posts.
Listen lady- you should be reflective- you should be a little sad- you should be a little mopey- and you should be a little happy.
It is okay to be happy when bad things happen or have happened. It is life. We all go through things that are equally hard- just different- but they effect us each just as much. If I knew your mom like I hope I did she would want you to be happy and carefree and living the kind of life that would make her proud. You are doing that- just keep on going.
I am proud of you. Happy Birthday!
Love you!
Carly
Post a Comment