Friday, August 14, 2009

Dilly of a pickle.




This is my toe. It use to have a toenail until this morning. Thursday I was eating lunch with my friend Deb from work at the Spicy Pickle in Chandler & as I was getting up from the table to go back to work somehow I slipped and crammed my foot under the leg of the table. Either on the way in or the way out I tore up my toenail. As I limped to my car Deb and I proceeded to laugh about how only me & boy did I get myself into a pickle, at the Pickle. Deb was smart enough to tell me to get some paper towels so I didn't bleed all over my car. She got to drive the Scion back to the office and thought to tell me to call ahead to tell me to call the paramedic at my office and have her waiting at the first aid kit when I got back. So I hobbled into the office hoping not to get noticed (that didn't happen) and she fixed me up and told me to go to the doctor ASAP. The doctor couldn't fit me in so I went home, propped my foot up & watched Seasons one & two of The Office I borrowed from a friend at work until morning. When I went into the doc this morning she told me the nail had to come off & it was a good thing I came in. After 3 or 4 pricks of a needle I could no longer feel my toes and she yanked off what was left of my toenail. I drove myself home and landed back on the couch and fell asleep watching The Office. This morning before Reed left for work he threw as many puns as he could think of at me. He even called me after he left because he thought of another one. His best pun was; "Tomorrow when I go to the movie I will bring you home A STUB!" He also calls my toe a pig without a blanket. So I guess this whole thing stated as funny & probably will continue to bring amusement (and pain! YOUCH!) for days to come.

1 comment:

tootie said...

Kim...Kim...Kim.... You are too funny! I am glad that you were able to get in and get that taken care of! Now lets hope you can prevent from damagong anything else at least until this heals. =)