Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lupus 5K



I work with a man whose wife suffers from Lupus. I volunteered Reed to run in the 5k, he wasn't thrilled, he does not like to do more than 1 run a month. I have done a little research on Lupus and there is not a whole lot of good ways to treat it. Right now they just attack it like a cancer. It was kind of a hard for me to be there and hear words like "chemo" that bring back a wide rage of painful emotions but I am glad we went.

On to happier topics: Reed placed 3rd OVERALL! The first, second and third place runners came in right next to one another and it was a dead sprint between the three of them to get there. So, my husband is OFFICIALLY a bronze medalist, not just in his age, but overall! Go Reed! I am so proud of him and I am so glad to be his wife and the president of his fan club!

No comments: