Friday, March 7, 2008

"Oh ya, there was a shooting..."

Yesterday when I went to pick up Reed from parent teacher conferences I told him that the Cellar Only Store (that sells Sofas) and the AM/PM Gas Station were completely taped off and blocked by his school he simply stated "Oh ya, there was a shooting...". He then told me that the school had struggled with the decision of if they should look down or not, they decided against it. OK it's a little messed up he so calmly stated that there was a shooting. It's kind of sad that a shooting didn't evoke more emotion from him. It didn't even hit me until I dropped him off this morning how messed up that was!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim you need to check your email and call me! I forgot to bring your number with me and I'm leaving tomorrow morning-- I want to see you!!

Kim G said...

Thank you for coming to see me!